Technical evangelist в Microsoft
What Joining the Microsoft Team Means
The Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) enables high-impact organizations and developer communities to achieve more and drive the value of our intelligent cloud and edge. How do we do it? We are an industry-leading software engineering team who codes with partners and customers every day. We accelerate platform adoption and serve as trusted technical experts by coding side by side with other dev teams.
We are hiring a Technical Evangelist with deep experience and expertise designing and delivering commercially-competitive software using modern software engineering practices and cloud technologies to deliver the most leading-edge applications and solutions in partnership with high-impact customers and partners, startups and developer communities.
The Impact You’ll Be Making
In this role, you would be responsible for:
• Developing and deploying highly visible, scalable, reliable, commercially available Microsoft technology based solutions, working with top companies in the industry.
• Demonstrating technical subject matter expertise to scope projects, architect design solutions, and resolve issues.
• Developing and maintaining strong relationships, and engaging with technical audiences and influencers (MVPs, RDs, and faculty) through presence and active participation at Microsoft and third-party events – reach them where they are and where they go.
• Driving early platform and technologies adoption wins with customers and partners through deep “build-with/coding” engagements.
• Driving digital transformation with key accounts from all segments by participation in technical coding engagements and hack fests.
• Bringing market/technology insights to Engineering.
• Developing and maintain relationships with key influencers – MVPs/RDs, and faculty. Engage with student developers.
Who We Are Looking For
• Distributed cloud computing experience on one of the following platforms is required: Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services.
• Experience with one of the following is required:
- Cloud Connectivity (eg Identity, Networking, Event Hub)
- Cloud Scale complete (eg, IaaS, containers, service fabric)
- High-scale data system (eg SQL/noSQL, cloud storage)
- Machine learning / artificial intelligence
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience as a software developer using cloud computing technologies, and modern application development practice to deliver commercially viable software. Track record of working in development teams.
• Experience working with 3rd party communities, social media and blogging is a plus.
• Strong business acumen to partner with other key leaders across Microsoft engineering teams to deliver on our platform priorities.
• Ability to speak with influence and impact.
• BS, BA, or MS Computer Science Degree / Masters in Computer Science required.
• Fluency in English and demonstrated ability to communicate concisely and effectively with other executives, employees, partners, and communities.
• Minimum 25% travel, incl. International travel.