Philosophy & PsychologyMichael Thomas
“I want to be happy by doing well by doing good.” —Michael Thomas
“My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as a heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute.” — Ayn Rand
“My life’s philosophy is the operating system of my mind. It is my 'sense of life'”. —Michael Thomas
I try to live a Quantified, Uncluttered, Minimalist, and Simplified, but a High-End Life. The less you have, the more you value it.
I work to sustain a high level of self-esteem, which is derived from living up to my values, principles and beliefs.
- Meta Philosophy: Objectivism
- Practical Philosophy: Stoicism
- Politics: Libertarian (member #06-25098 since 2006)
- Economics: Capitalism
- Social Philosophy: Trader Principle
- Philosophy Influences: Aristotle, Ayn Rand, Thomas Jefferson, Marcus Aurelius
- Psychology: Rationality
Six Life's Areas
I work to sustain a high level of self-esteem, which is derived from living up to my values, principles and beliefs, and the continuing development of my six life-roles:
5. Relationships: My mission is to act as an instrument of positive change in my family, friends, relationships and community. And to enjoy the reciprocal thereof.
6. Pleasures: I want to enjoy the finer delicacies that life has to offer. I love the beauty of everything that's refined.
- Son: My relationship with my father is extremely important to me, I want to support my parents in all decisions that they make, to remember that all that I am- they showed me the way, and to make their lives as easy as possible as they grow older.
- Husband: I will have a relationship with my wife based upon love, trust, respect and laughter. We will continue to nurture our life-long friendship and will never lose sight of the fact that we are more than just individuals; we are partners. I will respect her individuality and will support her in achieving her life goals.
- Father Figure: Teacher, listener, friend.
- Friend: I have a strong relationship with all of my friends and extended family, which I cherish and work to maintain. I have many close friends that I have been blessed with on my life's journey so far, and they have been vital in helping me become the person I am, and in continuing to become the person I strive to be. I am thankful for them, and place a high value on their friendship and presence in my life. I consider them family and care deeply for them, and will continue to work at maintaining these friendships.
- Community Member: I will participate in my community. I will help with volunteer activities ensure that my community prospers. I won't hesitate to lend a helping hand when and where it is needed either locally or globally.
Awards & Achievements
- Earned Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Hypnotherapy, and Time Empowerment Techniques.
- Psychology Influences: Nathaniel Branden, Michael J. Gelb, Jim Rohn, Aaron Hemsley, NLP.