MemoryTIME Educational Group
There is no simple answer to the question, "How can I enhance my memory?" But there are some general points one can make. Firstly, you have to practice. Practice remembering things. Secondly, use your memory. Preferring to make notes all the time rather than rely on one’s memory is a terrible mistake. It's certain that you actually risk making your memory worse that way. In order to utilize your memory, you have to be keen to remember- eager to remember. If you really mean to remember things, you can. And thirdly, always make associations when you want to remember anything.
To enhance: To improve, develop
To rely on: To depend on, to trust
To risk: To take the risk of
To utilize: To use
Keen: Willing, enthusiastic, eager
Eager: Ready/ willing, keen
Associations: Links, relations
Complete the sentences with a suitable form of the words defined above
1. Clothes are important — you should wear something which .... your own self esteem and creates the right kind of impression
2. I have always ..... the kindness of my friends.
3. We have to find a way to .... our fifty thousand members as an educational and propaganda machine
4. Music, obviously, can make a mood, build familiarity and memory, and ..... for an happy event.
5. He has always been .... to help the needy.