Revolutionary CommitteesGreen Charter RCM
Revolutionary Committees are an instrument of revolution. They are composed of liberated men and women: affirming a new advanced and democratic concept of human rights embodied in the Green Charter, they organize themselves with others and form a revolutionary committee in order to pool resources and work together for the people's revolution and according to the principle of all for one and one for all.
No revolution without revolutionary ideology
Further, aware of the fallacy and falsehood of modern liberal democracy as well as the brutal realities of modern exploitative societies and the failure of reformist solutions, through their reading and collective study of The Green Book they are able to present solutions to problems facing humanity such as power: for without people's authority to enforce them, human rights and freedoms can never be guaranteed.
The RCM is the broad movement that encompasses the freedom force. It is the nerve that mobilizes the masses and the instrument for the propagation of the new civilization. The RCM is not an instrument of power and does not practice it. Only the people have the right to power and authority. The RCM cannot even act as the executive instrument of people's authority. That is the task of the people's committees set up by the people once they have embraced direct democracy and organised themselves into popular conferences.
The RCM educates on the human rights and freedoms of the Green Charter; guides and organizes the masses to regain their usurped power and authority, so that they exercise it directly without any representation. When the masses achieve this goal, the task of the revolutionary committees is that of helping to consolidate the authority of the people. Guided by the thesis of The Green Book, in order to guarantee the advanced human rights of the Green Charter, the revolutionary committee works among the people in its area to prevent the return of the traditional instrument of governance (political parties, sects, classes, bureaucrats, interest groups) and with it the return of the culture of exploitation, domination and oppression.
The method of joining a revolutionary committee is by way of self conviction and self assignment. The most distinguishing feature of the RCM as against other traditional political organizations is its openness and flexibility. The sole criterion for becoming a member is affirmation of the Green Charter, belief in the Third Universal Theory (Truth) as postulated in The Green Book and the courage and determination to apply it as the solution to various pressing problems facing humanity.
Therefore, an RCM member is an epitome of the new exemplary human and example of his or her nation and religion - a living example of liberated and emancipated humanity - of good manners and skill. Consciousness and deeply rooted belief in the Third Universal Theory are the safeguards from deviating from the course and merely becoming yet another authoritarian political party or s0-called "popular movement."
The RCM is distinguished from others by its reliance on democratic precepts and practice. This permeates, informs and directs all its organizational structures, mode of operations, relations among members and more importantly their interaction with the wider society. The RCM holds as cardinal truth, The Green Book aphorism which states that knowledge is a natural right of every human being... Ignorance will come to an end when everything is presented as it actually is and knowledge about everything is available to each person in the manner that suits him or her.
Thus guided, the revolutionary committee plans its programs and activities daily, weekly, monthly and annually. The revolutionary committee employs dialogue and convincing as a method of propagating and defending its ideology and beliefs, and of unmasking other ideologies that stand in stark contradiction to people's authority.
The green color of the movement symbolizes life, hope and the future that people everywhere dream of. The colors used by the political movements in the world do not symbolize life, but rather symbolize destruction, annihilation and ruin, and they give man despair and pessimism. Therefore green became a symbol of the revolutionary committees movement -- the pioneers of the people's revolution.
No revolutionary outside the revolutionary committees
The member of the revolutionary committee is the new model human, who is morally and revolutionarily committed, a role model in skill and behavior, the messenger of the civilization of the era of the masses, far from self-interest, dedicated to serving the interest of the group, imbued with intellectual revolutionary culture, the thought of Third Universal Theory, and:
- Is a believer in the Third Universal Theory and works to achieve it;
- Has no connection with, or has been shown to abandon, the exploitative system;
- Proves a high awareness and understanding of the Third Universal Theory and the principles of the Revolutionary Committees Movement in form, content, culture, and behavior;
- Proves sincerity in practice by participating in various transformative revolutionary battles, and by practicing the tasks of revolutionary committees;
- Proves a high commitment to all revolutionary and organizational values in behavior and practice;
- Believes in the role of religion, nationalism, or the social factor in shaping human societies throughout history;
- Goes through all stages of revolutionary education prescribed by the Revolutionary Committees Movement;
- Accepts the implementation of any revolutionary mission assigned to it, and is committed and disciplined.
Tasks of the revolutionary committees:
- Ignite the People's Revolution to guarantee the human rights of the Green Charter by establishing the Authority of the People in which the people own the power, wealth and arms;
- Incite the people to exercise power during the convening of the popular conferences, and during the escalation of the people’s committees and the secretariats of the popular conferences, including:
a) Clarifying the vision in front of the public in order to reach the right decision;
b) Detecting and revealing any attempts to deceive the masses;
c) Clarifying the real dimensions of the topics discussed by the masses in their popular conferences so that they are fully aware of their responsibility towards those topics, and their results;
d) Working on the popular conferences, choosing revolutionary leadership elements, not by imposing specific people, but rather by educating the masses and rationalizing them for sound choices;
- Consolidate the People's Authority: the result of the revolutionary tasks assigned to the revolutionary committees is the consolidation of the power of the people;
- Exercising revolutionary control by exposing the practices of counter-revolutionary elements whose interests conflict with the interests of the masses: those elements that have not yet understood that the Jamahiriya is the society of all people, not the society of the vanguard and the elite. It is the responsibility of the revolutionary committees to expose these elements, hold them accountable and punish them for the wrong practices in front of the masses of the popular conferences, and this is done openly and directly so that the final decision is that of the masses. It is not permissible for the revolutionary committees to exercise power on behalf of the masses, nor to take a decision on their behalf. Revolutionary committees have the task of exposure in order to help the masses of the popular conferences reach the right popular decisions and take the right action.
- Motivate the People's Conferences: the mere announcement of the establishment of people’s authority does not mean that all the masses will automatically rush to the basic popular conferences to exercise their right that they have never before possessed, that they overcome psychological obstacles, the remnants of the economic relations, their absence from political power, and the accumulation of customs and traditions of unjust relations. All of this prevents this, but it does not distort or challenge the Third Universal Theory. It is not possible to eliminate negativity overnight, resistance to what is new will last for a period of time. It is not about persuasion and theoretical conviction only, but about practical conviction, that is, to establish the power of the people in practice as a final solution to the struggle of the masses against the instruments of government. The masses are in the midst of practical experience, abandoning the spectator’s position and the role of the revolutionary committees is to push the masses to exercise their right and to join the popular conferences and to inform the masses of the importance of these conferences through which they discuss and decide all political, economic and social issues, affirm their Green Charter rights as well as educating the masses and illustrating the enormity and loss that they would incur if they were robbed of power.
- Rationalize the people's conferences and committees: the people's committees are responsible for the people's administration and the implementation of the decisions of the popular conferences, as these committees have replaced the traditional government authorities. The members of the people's executive committees and the conference secretariats are chosen by the public in a direct manner, and the revolutionary committees are the ones that undertake the task of rationalizing the committees and the secretariats of the popular conferences to the right way compatible with the people’s authority, with regard to the implementation of the decisions of the popular conferences by the people’s committees. Rationalization is done openly in the popular conferences, through seminars and intellectual lectures, and also through programs of action presented by the revolutionary committees to the popular conferences and people's committees.
- Protect, defend and promote the revolution. The revolutionary committees - wherever they are - address those reactionary and hateful groups that are against the people's revolution, which are constantly working to hinder the revolution, because they see the progress of the revolution and the realization of its ambitions to eliminate their exploitative interests. Protecting the revolution is also confronting opportunists, climbers, and those who cover up with the slogans of the revolution so that they can reach positions that enable them to achieve their personal interests that are contrary to those of society as a whole.
Inciting the masses to exercise and consolidate power is not an easy task, because the popular masses were not accustomed to and are fearful of power. Under dictatorial regimes, power means whip, imprisonment, sword and death. Therefore, the masses who have suffered bullying and oppression at the hands of the authority, try to live in isolation from it. It is the duty of every revolutionary committee in any environment to push the masses to take responsibility and take decisions, and to dispel all awe and fear in their souls, and this is a task that needs to be fulfilled. It is a hard and continuous revolutionary work. The continuity of work leads to getting accustomed to the power and holding on to it and confronting those who try to extract from it, so that the authority of the people is established, resulting in the self-governing Jamahiriya where the advanced human rights of the Green Charter are realized.