Dependent prepositions with examples.Olga Aleksandrovskaya
1. nice / kind / good / stupid / silly / intelligent / clever / sensible (1) / (im)polite / rude (2) / unreasonable (3) OF someone (to do something)
Thank you it was very nice / kind of you to help me. It's stupid of her to go out without a coat.
2. nice / kind / good / (im)polite / rude / (un)pleasant (4) / (un)friendly / cruel TO someone
She has always been very nice / kind to me. Why are you so rude / unfriendly to Ann?
3. angry / furious (5) ABOUT something / WITH someone / FOR something
Why are you so angry about it? They were furious with me for not inviting them to my party.
4. pleased (6) / disappointed (7) / satisfied (8) WITH something
I was pleased with the present you gave me. Were you disappointed with your examination results?
5. bored / fed up (9) WITH something
You get bored / fed up with doing the same thing every day.
6. surprised (10) / shocked / amazed (11) / astonished (12) AT / BY something
Everyone was surprised by /at the news.
7. excited / worried / upset (13) ABOUT something
Are you excited about going on holiday next week?
8. afraid / scared (14) / frightened / terrified OF someone / something
Are you afraid of dogs?
9. proud / ashamed (15) OF someone / something
I'm not ashamed of what I did.
10. good / bad / excellent / brilliant / hopeless (16) AT (doing) something.
I'm not very good at repairing things.
11. married TO someone (Linda is married to an American.)
12. sorry ABOUT something (I'm sorry about the noise last night.)
13. sorry FOR doing something (I'm sorry for shouting at you yesterday.)
14. be / feel sorry FOR someone (I feel sorry for George.)
15. famous FOR something (Florence is famous for its art treasures.)
16. responsible (17) FOR something (Who was responsible for this noise last night?)
17. interested IN something (Are you interested in art?)
18. fond (18) OF something / someone (Mary is fond of animals.)
19. full OF something (The letter was full of mistakes.)
20. short OF (19) something (I'm a bit short of money.)
21. keen ON (20) something (We stayed at home because Mary wasn't very keen on going out in the rain.)
22. similar TO (21) something (Your writing is similar to mine.)
23. crowded WITH (22) (people,...) (The city was crowded with tourists.)