Category Manager, Professional services в VEON
Direct reporting to: Senior manager, Professional services; close cooperation with Director Category Professional services
Department: VEON Global Indirect Procurement
Leads procurement activities of the subcategories of Professional Services – globally and in the Russia \ Eurasia Hub
Ensures that the spend for this category is managed in the hub in accordance with global strategy, leveraging Group negotiating power
Initiates significant cost reductions and year-over-year productivity improvements while maintaining or improving product quality and vendor service levels
Works closely with key stakeholders to develop effective cost reduction strategies and implementation plans
The total Professional Services spend is divided into subcategories such as strategy and management consultancy, legal services, temporary labor, finance & tax advisory, audit & assurance, insurance,
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for hub category group results and implementation, including compliance
- Measure and track internal performance of the category hub
- Manage category hub spend fully through global negotiations and contracts
- Monitor strategy implementation for the category hub
- Champion and secure holistic reductions for a Category Hub, incl. TCO, FX, payment terms
- Oversee development/ execution of strategies through the strategic sourcing process of the Category Hub
- Drive annual productivity improvements in each spend category
- Oversee the process to select and manage suppliers
- Develop and implement market oriented global and hub category sourcing and supplier management strategies to achieve competitive advantage through lowest purchase cost and value improvements consistent with the direction set by the business.
- Deliver results in key performance areas including cost management, market & financial forecast accuracy, service & quality, process improvements, innovation, and alignment with internal business partners.
- Understand stakeholder requirements and define, develop and implement the optimal strategy that delivers Group and local objectives.
- Develop expertise within the organization around the supply markets and the impacts of governmental, technological, and economic changes that impact those markets.
- Manage and develop strategic supplier relationships, acting as the primary interface on behalf of VimpelCom Group to key category suppliers in the Hub and Globally.
- Lead specific projects to increase the effectiveness of the Group category team.
What we are looking for:
- Master Degree in Law, Business or related,
- 3-5 years of international experience in Strategic Sourcing, experience in Professional Services or other indirect procurement categories is highly preferable
- Contract drafting, contract review experience
- Negotiation skills, analytical skills
- Fluent in business English and Russian
- Ability to create evaluation matrixes, reports on the projects and spend
- Previous experience using ERP solutions like SAP, Oracle or Ariba will be a plus.