Why My Printer is Offline – How To Get Printer Back Online?Grace Kelly
So, Why is My HP Printer Offline – Why Is My Printer Offline & How Do I Restart My HP Printer? We choose the “Print” option when we need to print a text. After that, we choose a printer to print with. However, if there is no response, the printer you selected must have gone offline. You'll need to take a few steps to get it back online after it's been offline.
These instructions are applicable to Windows 10 operating systems.
What is Printer Offline Error – How to Resolve Printer Offline Error?
When you command to print something, the machine or system you're using might consider the printer to be offline in certain cases. The printer, on the other hand, is online and ready to use. This occurs as a result of a printer-to-computer communication malfunction.
There may be clear explanations for this as well. It's possible that the cables aren't wired properly. Due to the paper jam, there could be a mistake.
Furthermore, a “HP Printer Offline” error can occur due to technical issues with the printer software or driver. It is entirely dependent on the age of your printer and how often you update it.
What Does My Offline Printer Look Like When It's Connected to the Internet?
- To get your printer back online after it has gone offline, we must first find the issue and then follow the troubleshooting measures to get it back online. To ensure that we recognise and resolve the printer offline problem, follow the steps below. Do not skip any steps; you will undoubtedly discover the flaw.
Analyzing the Printer and Cables on a Physical Level
- Make sure the USB cable is correctly inserted on both sides. Also, if the printer has a network, make sure the Ethernet cables are properly inserted. Check the internet connection and the printer's access to the router if your printer has a wireless connection.
- If you're using a cable to connect your printer to your device, consider plugging it into different sockets.
- You can double-check that the cable isn't faulty by using a different cable.
Set the Printer to Online Manually
- Click the start button in the bottom left corner of your screen. Select "Control Panel" and then "Devices and Printers" from the drop-down menu.
- Select the choice "See what's printing" after right-clicking on the printer in question.
- A window will open, and from the top menu bar, select the “Printer” option.
- A menu appears in the form of a drop-down menu. Choose “choose printer online” from the drop-down menu.
Both print jobs should be canceled. Returning the Printer to Use
- Right-click and select "Cancel" from the "see what's printing" menu option. Both print jobs will be canceled.
- Select “Use Printer Online” once more after eliminating the print work.
- Reinstalling the Printer Drivers after removing the Printer Drivers
- Select the “printer” choice from the “Devices and Printers” menu. Then select "delete computer" from the drop-down menu.
- Reinstall the printer by going to the "Devices and Printers" option and selecting "Add a Printer."
One Ingenious Way to Get the Printer Back Online After It's Been Offline
- To connect your printer to the internet, go to "settings" and then "Printers." Right-click the Printer option and select "Use Printer Online" from the drop-down menu.
- Look to see if there are any print jobs. If this is the case, they should be removed. Double-click the printer you'd like to use.
- Select the "Printer Menu" option and then "Cancel all papers."
- It's possible that some print jobs or print jams caused the error and forced the printer to shut down. In this scenario, try printing once more to get the printer back online. To make sure there are no mistakes, print a page as a test.
- Find the printer and change the setting to "Printer Off," then switch it back on.
- There should be no print jams, so double-check.
- Check the network as well as the wireless links once more. Make sure that all of the connections are in good working order. Your machine or device should be restarted.
- In the event that it does not work, you will need to reinstall the drivers.
Printer drivers must be reinstalled.
- Go to "setup" and then "printers" to reinstall the drivers. After that, choose Printer.
- Select "Properties" from the right-click menu for the "printer" option.
- After searching for it under "General" and "Details," select the Driver button. Select the driver once more.
- It's possible that you'll have to have the driver downloaded. It is available for download from the printer's manufacturer's website.
- Enable the printer again. Return to the "Settings" menu and select the Printer under the "Printers" option.
- Remove the printer from the menu. With the aid of the "Add Printer" wizard, reinstall the printer.
Using the most recent printer driver available from the printer's manufacturer's website.