What is Shillong Teer ?Reetesh Kumar
Shillong teer is a famous game in North-east India as well as in surrounding countries like Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal etc. Shillong teer is actually a traditional Khashi Game, where two rounds are played everyday (Except Sunday ) known as FR (First round) & SR (Second round).
Various components of Shillong Teer:
- Teer association: They maintain and conduct the teer game. Prepare Club Chart & determined the no of teer to be shoot for the day
- Clubs: there are 12 clubs associated in this game and a club chart is prepared & published periodically. Based on the chart and numbers of teer given to the each members associated with the clubs shoot a target at a distance. (Guest can also shoot if wanted to be a part of it.)
- Counting: After the shooting is done, all the teer are collected from the target. Once the teer are collected from the target, only intact teer are counted and made a record of it.
- Result: Teer results are announced based on counting,last 2digits are the result. Say total number of intact teer is 763 than the result for that round is 63
- Bookie: They are the one authorised to sell tickets from 00 to 99 (Total 100 numbers). If the sold number is in result, buyer gets the amount of ticket multiplied by 70(This amount is variable from bookie to bookie & Rounds). For example you bought tickets for 63(FR) with ₹50 and result is 63(FR) then you will get ₹3500.
Yes it is also considered as a gambling/batting instrument and is under Meghalaya State Government but as you can understand this is a unique style and hence all are interested to find out the today’s shillong teer result. There are also Teer apart from Shillong Teer namely Khanapara Teer, Juwai Teer, Morning Teer, Night teer and so on but only Shillong teer is legal in Meghalaya, played with transparency and in front of public.