Thread: Free IPs Dedicated Servers On OVH

Thread: Free IPs Dedicated Servers On OVH

Forum Web Hosting Main Forums Dedicated Server free IPs dedicated servers on OVH

Thread: free IPs dedicated servers on OVH

1. 09-02-2017, 10:55 PM #1 roz333 - View Profile - View Forum Posts - View Forum Threads

OVH offers free dedicated IPs

hello guys

I heard that some dedicated servers on ovh were canceled have free subnet IPs. game servers an a lot of fun Is this true? How do I get these servers?

2. 09-03-2017, 04:44 PM #2 HostKoala - View Profile - View Forum Posts - View Forum Threads - Visit Homepage

Contact their support.

Ask them if they know anyone who works there. Perhaps you can ask them via their social media profiles.

3. 09/03/2017 at 04:53 PM #3 MIKE_A - View Profile- View Forum Posts- View Forum Topics - Visit Homepage

For each IPv4 address, you pay a $3.00 USD one-time setup fee. If you want 8 IPs, the cost is $24.00 USD. Once it's attached to an active Server, it's yours forever.

4. 09-03-2017, 05:17 PM #4 roz333 - View Profile - View Forum Posts - View Forum Threads

Original posting by Mike_A. There is a $3.00 USD setup charge per IPv4 account. So if you want 8 IPs, you pay $24.00 USD then it's free in the future as long as it's attached to an active server.

I don't know your buddy but i think he will cancel his server and make it available with free IPs. So, i was wondering if there was a place on OVH for people to buy auction servers or servers that have been cancelled. ( same hetzner)

5. 09/03/2017 at 05:19 PM #5 Hosting Koala - View Profile- View Forum Posts- View Forum Topics - Visit Homepage

Join Date Aug 2017 - Posts 83

Not that I am aware off, their prices are pretty low already, and most of their old servers, they ship off to SoYouStart, and probably are ready to sell their IPs again

6. 09-03-2017, 06:10 PM #6 roz333 - View Profile - View Forum Posts - View Forum Threads

Originally Posted by hosowwun Not that I am aware off, their prices are pretty low already, and most of their old servers, they ship off to SoYouStart, and probably are ready to sell their IPs again

SoYouStart support is sucks i was mean original OVH (France or Canada) anyway thanks for your tips

7. 09-03-2017, 06:24 PM #7 Andei - View Profile - View Forum Posts - View Forum Threads - Visit Homepage

Original post by roz333 I know my buddy, but i am pretty certain that when someone cancels his server, that server will be made available with free IPs

This is what you heard/read. It seems to be false as far as I know, and I've been an OVH client for quite some time now.

8. 09/03/2017, 06.25 PM #8 Mike_A- View Profile – View Forum Posts and View Forum Threads. Visit Homepage

Originally Posted by roz333 i'm a good friend, but i'm pretty sure that when someone cancels a server, it will be available with free IPs. ( same hetzner)

It's not true. Why would they give IPs to others from a client who paid them? That's how their money is made.

9. 09-03-2017, 11:06 PM #9 roz333 - View Profile - View Forum Posts - View Forum Threads

Original posting by Andei. It seems false to me, and I've been an OVH customer for quite some time.

If I order additional Ips from them for a dedicated host, and then I cancel that server, the IPs go back into their IP pool.

I've seen it on forums. I'm certain of that. maybe these servers after cancellation go to essential series on Soyoustart what do you think?

10. 09-03-2017, 11:13 PM #10 roz333 - View Profile - View Forum Posts - View Forum Threads

Original post by Mike_A Why would they give IPs of a former client to another company that paid? That's how they make their money.

What about these series, though?

11. 09-03-2017, 11:36 PM #11 Mike_A - View Profile - View Forum Posts - View Forum Threads - Visit Homepage

Originally Posted by roz333 what about these series?

https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/essential-servers/

you can order maximum up 128 IPs in each server and up 16 IPs will be free , maybe this was meant those people i've heard about cancelled servers

Hosting websites with soyoustart is reliable

That means the first 16 IPs will cost $3.00 per IP one-time fee, after the initial 16 you will pay $3.00 per month per IP. You will pay $12.00/month if you have 20 of these IPs. SYS is OVH. There's no significant difference in reliability, but SYS servers do not come with IPMI.

ExtraVM - DDoS Protected SSD VPS, Game Servers, NVMe Web Hosting Dallas, TX (US)

Reply with Quote 1

12. 09-04-2017, 12:08 AM #12 Andei - View Profile - View Forum Posts - View Forum Threads - Visit Homepage

~~~~

Join Date May 2008 - Posts 3,424

Originally posted by roz333 I read it on some forums. I am confident about that. Perhaps these servers go to essential Soyoustart series after cancellation. What do y'all think?

No. Servers get to be on SoYouStart once OVH upgrades to a new tier of servers, not after someone cancels a server. And servers don't keep their extra IPs once cancelled, aka those IPs do not transfer to the new owner.

Uptime Monitor - Minimize your downtime by being the first to know about it!

Blacklist Monitor – Are any of your domains or IPs blacklisted? It is important to find out before it reaches you or your customers.

13. 09-04-2017, 08:17 AM #13 hendranata - View Profile - View Forum Posts - View Forum Threads - Visit Homepage

Join Date Jun 2015 Indonesia Posts 216

You still need to pay their internet provider addres. But only once $3/ip

WWW.NATANETWORK.COM Website Hosting - VPS-Dedicated Server – SSL Domain Indonesia

14. 09-04-2017, 08:42 AM #14 roz333 - View Profile - View Forum Posts - View Forum Threads

Join Date Jun 2017 - Posts 207

Original Post by Mike_A. The first 16 IPs will cost $3.00 for a one-time fee. After the initial 16, you'll pay $3.00 per per month. If you have 20 IPs, the monthly cost will be $12.00. SYS is OVH. This makes a big difference in reliability. However, SYS servers don’t come with IPMI.

Thank you, dude. What about original ovh? Should i pay the same monthly fee as soyoustart? (for more 16 IPs) I heard soyoustart's support was a joke. Is that true? do they have a reliable support for their servers?

15. 09-04-2017, 01:33 PM #15 SenseiSteve - View Profile - View Forum Posts - View Forum Threads - Visit Homepage

Web Hosting Sensei

Join Date Mar 2009 Location Here Today - Gone to Maui Posts 9,620

Should you be paying? Maybe I'm reading that wrong. Bottom line is you pay what they invoice you for, nothing more and nothing less.

16. 09-04-2017, 03:01 PM #16 Mike_A - View Profile - View Forum Posts - View Forum Threads - Visit Homepage

Join Date Jan 2011 Dallas TX Posts 2,059

Original post by roz333. Thanks dude! Should i pay the same monthly fee as soyoustart? ( for more than 16 IPs) i've heard soyoustart's support is sucks. Is that true? Do they have reliable support for their servers

OVH has different IP limits..just read their website. SYS support is either good or bad, it all depends upon who you are and your expectations. I never have a problem but I've been client for a long time and know what to expect for self-managed servers.

Report Page