Manifesto on the establishment of the Belarusian Resistance alliance - Suprativ
"Keep calm and sharpen your scythes"
Whereas the Lukashenko faction has usurped power in Belarus since 1995 and has been committing particularly grave crimes against the people of Belarus for the past 26 years; and
- considering that "all men are created equal, that they are endowed with certain inalienable rights ... and that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of those rights, the people have the right to change or abolish it, and to establish a new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organising its government in such a way that they seem most likely to secure their safety and happiness ... it is the right of the people, it is the duty of the people to overthrow such a government and provide a new guard for their future security"; and
- сconsidering that one of the tenets of the social contract theory is the natural right of individuals to overthrow their leaders if they betray their historical rights; and
- сconsidering that according to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, adopted by the UN General Assembly in 1948 with the participation of the Republic of Belarus, "it is essential that human rights should be protected by the rule of law in order to ensure that individuals do not have to use, as a last resort, rebellion against tyranny and oppression"; and
- Whereas human rights in Belarus are not protected by the authorities and the law, and the regime is the main source of violations of citizens' rights and freedoms; and
- considering that the right to revolt is discouraged but is allowed as a last resort when other rights and freedoms are violated by the authorities, if the measures provided by law against the violator are unsuccessful; and
- considering that the people of Belarus have exhausted all legal means to overthrow the government, but this has not been successful. In order to retain power, the Lukashenko faction has engaged in demonstrative terror against the citizens of Belarus; and
- considering that the only source of State power and the bearer of sovereignty in the Republic of Belarus are the people, who have the right to rebel against tyranny and to defend their country; and
- considering that the responsibility for rebellion lies with the tyrant who carries out oppression against the people and has left the people with no other choice; and
- considering that defending the country and upholding the rule of law is the basis of civic duty,
We, the citizens of Belarus, being aware of our responsibility for the fate of our country and nation, are forced to use our last resort and proclaim a Manifesto for the establishment of the Suprativ alliance, which aims for:
- Preservation of the independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity of Belarus;
- Overthrow of the Lukashenko regime;
- Stabilization of Belarus during the transition period, return to democratic principles of governance and rule of law;
We declare the beginning of the fight against Lukashenko's criminal group which has usurped and is holding power in the territory of the Republic of Belarus by violence and terror, by all available means, until the enemy is defeated.
The founding organizations of the Suprativ alliance
>>>Our victory plan<<<
We see Belarus as a democratic, independent sovereign state, which has overcome the consequences of dictatorship, where the rule of law, respect for national values, individual citizens and their rights have been restored.