Myths, Truth and Prices of Dental ImplantsUaMedTours Ukraine
Myth 1 - Dental implants do not take root
This myth is probably the most common. And, perhaps, at the very beginning of implantation, it was in a certain way justified - in the very beginning, implants did not have such a perfect surface, and that is what is largely responsible for the acclimation rate. Also, at that time, dental clinics did not have the luxury of 3D imaging, which meant that doctors could only assess the volume and condition of the bone on regular X-rays, which had a very high margin of error.
Now, the technology of computer cone beam tomography allows for an extremely accurate assessment of the condition of the patient's bone, which means that the surgery can be planned in maximum detail. In addition, the special surface of modern implants ensures rapid osseointegration. Thanks to all these factors, the survival rate is over 98 percent. But even if for some reason it does not engraft, we install a new one for free for our patients - so you will not be left without a tooth in any case.
Myth 2 - you can't have an MRI, visible on a metal detector
In fact, the implants are made of titanium alloy, they are not magnetically attracted, the metal detector frames do not react to them, and they do not cause inconvenience at the airport or in the tomograph.
Myth: An implant is a very strong intervention, it's better to make a dental bridge
There was a time when a bridge was considered the most advanced technology for restoring lost teeth. But now medicine has moved far ahead. A dental implant is a much gentler method of restoring a tooth than pulping and sawing off two adjacent healthy teeth. Turnkey dental implants leave neighboring teeth alive and intact.
Myth: Since everyone around you is getting implants, it doesn't matter which clinic you go to
The success of implantation depends on several factors:
· the quality of the implant itself
· on the quality of diagnostics and planning
· on the skills of the surgeon
· of the selected operation protocol
· from the skills of an orthopedist
· on the quality of the dental laboratory.
Only clinics that do not skimp on the constant training of their doctors, as well as on laboratory services and the purchase of implants, can guarantee you a long-term and aesthetic result. But such clinics cannot promise a price of 250 euros for all work
Underpricing is a reason to think about where the clinic is saving money and how it can affect your health.
Placement of one dental implant.
A single dental defect can be restored in two ways, with the help of:
· a bridge, which is fixed by two neighboring teeth;
· a single implant with a metal-ceramic or zirconia dental crown.
A bridge denture is cheaper than an implant, but inferior to the latter in terms of aesthetics. Moreover, this method has serious disadvantages: in order to place a bridge, it is necessary to grind down (grind down) the adjacent, often healthy teeth, and it is often necessary to depulpate them (remove nerves). The function and lifespan of healthy teeth are considerably reduced by the grinding and depulling. Bridges cannot be used to repair end defects and are not aesthetically pleasing in the smile zone. Given these limitations and in the absence of serious contraindications, dental implants are considered the best way to correct a single dental defect.
What the price depends on
The cost of dental implants consists of the following components: The amount of preparatory work. Diagnostic measures, anesthesia, oral hygiene, treatment of caries, bone grafting, sinus elevator, placement of a temporary crown and gum shaper are usually paid separately. The type of implant you choose. There are economy and premium implants on the market. Economy class models include products of the Israeli companies Alpha-Bio Tec and Medical Implant Technologies Ltd. (MIS), South Korean brands Osstem and Implantium. The premium class segment is represented by Nobel (Sweden), Astra-Tech (Switzerland) and Ankilos (Germany).
Will the method of restoring my teeth with implants work for me, as well as how does the procedure work, what does it consist of, and probably most importantly, how much does the implant cost?
1) One of the most important factors influencing the cost of implantation or the price of dental implants in Ukraine - it is the individual characteristics of the human body and oral cavity.
How long ago the tooth was lost, and, accordingly, how much and how much bone density is present in the area where the tooth was extracted.
As we wrote earlier, after the loss of a tooth due to the cessation of chewing load on the jawbone in this place there are inevitable processes of atrophy (loss) of bone tissue, and the further successful operation of dental implants may require a preliminary operation on bone grafting - an increase in bone by replanting artificial tissue.
When it comes to the restoration of teeth on the upper jaw, if there is insufficient bone, you may need a sinus surgery -sinus-lifting, also with the addition of artificial bone.
2) The cost of the chosen system and implant manufacturer. This point can be partially related to the first one, because when choosing the manufacturer of the implant system and their model range, the doctor, first of all, is guided by the individual characteristics of the patient's body and the condition of his or her bone tissue.
Some manufacturers, for example, simply do not have the necessary sizes, types or shapes of implants in the lineup that are suitable in a particular case and can properly integrate into the jawbone.
Despite this, we highlighted this point, as there is an opportunity to choose from a wide range of manufacturers of suitable implants where these conditions are met and their prices in Kharkov, depending on the material capacity of the patient.
What determines the success of an implant? Does the price of an implant affect its successful engraftment (osseointegration)?
Yes, the price of the implant does make a difference, increasing the chances of a successful outcome! By choosing a more innovative manufacturer and therefore their more expensive products (implants), we increase the likelihood of successful engraftment, and usually get a longer life span of the orthopedic structures resting on those implants.
· It should also be understood that in the success of the surgery and further life of the implants, in addition to their quality, a huge role is played by such factors as:
· The person's general state of health, both at the time of dental implantation and during the operation of the implants. The presence of chronic and / or inflammatory diseases, sufficient level of his bone tissue and its density.
· Regular visits to the dentist for checkups, including professional hygiene and detection of possible problems.
· The peculiarities of food intake and handling of prosthetic constructions, the exclusion of non-natural mechanical effects leading to damage to the crowns of teeth and implanted implants.
Prices of dental implants
Implant placement (including anesthesia, sutures, control radiography) - from450 - 950 euros
Implant opening, gingival shaper placement (including anesthesia and sutures) - 75 euros
Fabrication of a custom zirconia/titanium abutment on the implant - from 150 euros
Ceramic crown on cobalt-chrome frame on implant (including impressions and fixation) - from 150 euros
All-zirconia crown on implant (including impressions and luting) - from 250 euros