Southwest Airlines Customer Service +1-888-213-2601
Ticket Change and Refund Policy of Southwest Airlines Customer Service
Being a low-cost airline, Southwest Airlines has the most flexible change and refund policy of any other low-cost airline. Even when its policies compare with standard airlines, it’s one of the straight-forward policies out there. The most irritating part of the last-minute travel changes is going through the daunting ticket refund and cancellation policies which can sometimes cost as much as the ticket itself. So when a carrier values their customers most, it is worth acknowledging.
Here, we mentioned every important detail of the ticket refund policy of Southwest Airlines Customer Service.
Flexible Flight Change Policy
Passengers can make changes in their itinerary without any change fee.
Make changes on the fly, without worrying about a fee.
· No cancel fees
· No change fees
· Easy and Quick changes in flight through the official website or the mobile app
· Passengers who cancel a non-refundable ticket, they will get Travel Funds (a type of store credit but use for Southwest only). Passengers can track these Travel Funds by logging into their Rapid Rewards account and/or search for unused Travel Funds on the official website or via the Southwest app.
· According to the Refund policy of Southwest Airlines Customer Service, passengers can use these funds towards a new flight reservation on the official website or via the Southwest app by entering the original confirmation number from their canceled or modified flight.
What is the difference between refundable and reusable fare?
The refund policy of Southwest Airlines Customer Service may differ depending on the fare type.
Fare Reusable as Travel Funds Refundable
Wanna Get Away® Yes No
Anytime Yes Yes
Business Select® Yes Yes
Difference between reusable and refundable
Reusable – The validity of Travel Funds from any time, Business Select, and Wanna Get Away fares is up to one year from the original flight reservation date and only use by the original ticketed Passenger. Flight reservations using these funds must be completed before the expiration date. Funds can only be considered as reusable as long as they were canceled as per with No Show Policy of Southwest Airlines Customer Service, which said that a flight must be canceled more than 10 minutes before the departure of the flight.
Refundable – The Business Select and Anytime fares are refundable. A long as passengers cancel their flight more than 10 minutes before its scheduled departure time. Passengers have the option of getting a refund to their original form of payment or Travel funds as per the Southwest Airlines Customer Service Refund policy.
For non-refundable fare canceled within 24 hours of reservation– If passengers cancel online on the website, via the app, or over the phone within 24 hours of reservation, they can get a full refund of any fare to their original payment form or in Travel Funds, supposing it was also canceled within 24 hours of reservation and in according to the No Show Policy of Southwest Airlines Customer Service. If passengers bought part or all of the flight ticket using a Southwest LUV Voucher or a Southwest gift card or and canceled the flight within 24 hours of reservation.
No Show Policy - If a passenger is not planning to fly on any part of their itinerary, he/she must cancel their reservation more than 10 minutes before the scheduled departure time. Passengers who don't cancel their booking for a Wanna Get Away fare more than 10 minutes before the flight and who do not board the flight will be count as a "no show," and according to Southwest Customer Service refund policy, all remaining unused funds of Wanna Get Away will be lost.
The remaining unused funds of Business Select, Senior, and Anytime fare will be changed to reusable Travel Funds only use for the originally ticketed Passenger. If any passenger no show for the reward travel reservation, the funds will be placed back into the Rapid Rewards account of the passenger as per the policy of Southwest Customer Service.
How to cancel your flight and check if you're eligible for a refund
If your itinerary status is still available on the website or in the Southwest app
· Go to the home page of the Southwest website and search cancel to locate the page or open "Look Up Reservation" on the menu of the mobile app. If you booked a ticket using your Rapid Rewards account to look it up in the account.
· Enter the confirmation number and name of the Passenger use for the reservation.
· If you have a refundable amount remaining, you can select to get a refund to the original payment form or convert it into Travel Funds.
· Click "Cancel Flight" to cancel your flight.
· Refunds deposit to credit cards may take a longer type to appear on the statement.
If you need any assistance contact Southwest Customer Service for assistance.
An Important Update Regarding 2020
Due to the unprecedented events of the Corona Virus, most of the travelers are changing their travel plans. So, Southwest Customer Service making a temporary exception in their travel refunds policy. To read more about in detail- Visit Here.