Reversed Bucket ListYaki
Gratefulness is our weapon against cynical hostility toward the world and people, and you need to have it the most when you feel as if the world have robbed you of all the good ol' days.
I have started adapting the habit of writing what I am grateful for since March of 2018. Today, my heart is filled with pride, because I have been able to keep this habit until now.
Now, it's almost March again. This time though, it's another year. How have I evolved? What have I accomplished in 1 year? That's where the gratitude for reversed bucket list comes in.
1. I passed the licensure examination for teachers last May of 2018 so now I'm a licensed teacher.
2. I have learned meditation even if I don't do it daily now. Just when I need it.
3. I have learned to be flexible when things don't go my way.
4. I have learned to become more vulnerable.
5. I did a private tutor for a kindergarten child and elementary pupil.
6. I have started my Telegram channel where I share my digital artworks and writations.
7. I have experienced working as a customer service associate for American customers.
8. I made amends with my eldest sister.
9. I bought two guitars.
10. I bought my first laptop which I always wanted: Thinkpad.
11. I learned to play Welcome to the Black Parade by My Chemical Romance on my guitar.
12. I finished reading 13 books.
13. I have learned to manage my anxiety and my instability without nuking my life in the process. Some days, it's still hard, but it's not as tough as it was before.
14. I had my first therapy session with Laurie from Betterhelp who helped me a lot in just a short period of time.
15. I went to Tarlac, the Philippines. The farthest I've been to so far.
16. I have learned trading cryptocurrencies bit by bit.
17. I have learned about cryptocurrencies, decentralized, and open-sourced applications.
18. I have learned about compounding.
19. I have known my role model.
20. I have learned how to be more patient.
21. Made some profits off investing in hyip programs :P
22. Learned writing in markdown.
23. Learned a bit of html.
24. I have gained weight.
It's easier to find the imperfections in life, so it's highly important to look back, so we can express gratefulness for all the tasks we have accomplished, and lessons we have learned along the way.
In one year, I had no idea I could have done all of those, but I have. It's a mark of progress nonetheless, even when some days, I still feel a sense of incompleteness or emptiness. Emotions like these seem not to go away, at least for me, but I also know that they are not going to last. They simply oscillate; so being grateful is my armor when these negative emotions come.
I can say I love myself for everything I have done, and I'm happier.
Yaki writes and makes artworks about anything that interests her. She's one of those people who think that the second law of thermodynamics is a bit depressing, although she claims to be contributing to entropy since birth. She likes hunting and playing around with not-yet-mainstream, privacy-oriented apps. On her spare time, she likes laying down and consuming non-fiction books.
Connect with her on Telegram:@sifuyaki
Get to know her more here.