Resources for Ukrainian and Russian mathematicians in exileValkanuar Erpeditrix
- There are a bunch of short-term visiting positions provided by MPIM in Bonn, Germany, both for Ukrainian and Russian mathematicians. Contact me for more info.
- There are several short-term positions in ETC Zürich both for Ukrainian and Russian mathematicians. Contact me or Mura for more info.
- Miklos Abert in Renyi institute in Budapest has a visiting position which he would give to any Ukrainian mathematician.
- Polish institutions IMPAN and MIMUW in Warsaw provide job and housing for all Ukrainian mathematicians. You can contact Piotr Achinger for more info.
- The Humboldt Foundation.
- Joint CRM-ISM initiative in support of mathematicians in distress.
- Opportunities in North America for Ukrainian mathematicians.
- The two MSU positions are targeted for both Ukrainian and Russian mathematicians in need.
- A list of offers all around the world for all Ukrainian scientists.
- An organisation helping students (of bachelor and master level) that cannot continue their studies in Russia because of their political activity or views (in Russian).
- A list of opportunities for all Ukrainian scientists (in Ukrainian).
- Special MATH+ fellowships for mathematicians from Ukraine.
- The European Association of Private International Law is collecting information about funding opportunities for refugee scholars from Ukraine, Belarus or Russia.
- Zimin foundation is providing support for all students, phd students and and scientists from Russia who are facing persecution after opposing the war in Ukraine (in Russian).
- Kone Foundation has awarded special funding to the visitation programmes that accommodate researchers from the Baltic countries, Belarus, Russia, and Ukraine at the Helsinki Collegium of Advanced Studies, and to the Scholars at Risk programme of the Turku Institute of Advanced Studies.
There are several other organisations helping all scientists in danger: https://scholarrescuefund.org
Furthermore, Terence Tao's blogpost contains a lot of information on this. Also check out the telegram channel (in Russian) and the facebook group for displaced students scholars.