Project Management Professional (PMP)
The Project Management Professional (PMP) is an essential industry-recognized certification for project managers.
You will discover PMPs leading projects in virtually any country and, unlike other PMI certifications that concentrate on a selected geography or domain, the PMP is truly global. As being a PMP, you can are employed in virtually any industry, with any methodology plus any location.
The PMP can provide a substantial advantage when it comes to salary and earning potential. Among survey respondents to PMI’s Earning Power Salary Survey, individuals with a PMP certification garner a greater salary (20% higher an average of) than those with no PMP certification.
Employers benefit also. When a lot more than one-third of their project managers are PMP-certified, organizations complete much more of their projects on time, on budget and meeting original goals. (Pulse of this marketplace study, PMI, 2015.)
The PMP means that you speak and view the global language of project management and connects you to a residential area of pros, organizations and experts worldwide. Turned into a PMP and become a project hero.
Who Should Apply for PMP Exam?
A seasoned project manager who meets these requirements:
* Perform their duties under general supervision and therefore are to blame for all aspects of the project for that duration of the job.
* Lead and direct cross-functional teams to offer projects inside constraints of schedule, budget and resources.
* Demonstrate sufficient expertise to appropriately employ a methodology to projects which may have reasonably well-defined project requirements and deliverables.
* For more information, see Application Tips. Complete application requirements and role definition are available in the PMP Handbook.
Gain and Maintain Your PMP Exam
The PMP application requires one to organize your projects experience. See what you should apply.
The PMP certification exam has 200 multiple-choice questions, along with 4 hours to complete it.
To help keep your PMP, you have to earn 60 professional development units (PDUs) every three years.
PMP Exam Price
* Member: US$405.00
* Non-member: US$555.00
Prerequisites for PMP Certification
* Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or perhaps the global equivalent)
* 7,500 hours leading and directing projects
* 35 hours of project management software education
* Four-year degree
* 4,500 hours leading and directing projects
* 35 hours of project management education
This post is just a summary of the eligibility requirements. For complete details, start to see the PMP Handbook. In the event you don’t qualify for that PMP, take into account the Certified Associate in Project management software (CAPM).
PMP Exam Guidance
To earn your Project Management Professional (PMP) credential, you should fulfill the experience and education requirements, and pass the PMP examination, a 200-question, multiple-choice test.
Regardless of how advanced your project management experience or education could possibly be, you ought to still prepare vigorously for your exam.
Successful PMP candidates typically use multiple study aids, including courses, self-study and look groups.
Get Success in PMP Certification:
On average, successful PMP candidates will pay 35 hours or higher to prepare, so be sure you leave yourself a good amount of preparation time before you take quality.
Get Breakdown of PMP Exam:
Suggestions to Plan the PMP Exam
* Review the PMP handbook.
* Review the actual PMP Exam Content Outline.
* Familiarize yourself with PMP Sample Questions.
* Enroll in a formal study course offered by PMI chapters or accredited Registered Education Providers (R.E.P.s).
* You can also review self-study books authored by R.E.P.s along with other reputable training organizations.
* Review the most up-to-date edition of A Help guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide).
Check out about PMP Practice Exam internet page: click now.