Online Test Series for NSO. How to prepare For NSO Exam 2021?Koncepts Solution
National Science Olympiad (NSO) is a school level competitive exam conducted for class 1st to 12th to test the logical and observational skills of the students besides the conceptual knowledge. This exam covers various aspects of science including concepts of physics, chemistry and biology. It requires a lot of hard work and disciplined study pattern to achieve the top rank. Along with hard work, a good amount of smart work is necessary to make it to the top which may involve practicing with online test series for NSO. The exam is conducted at two levels. Only top 5% of candidates, class wise, who appear in 1st level exam, are qualified for second level.
The NSO exam questions are divided into three sections — verbal and non-verbal reasoning, science and high order thinking questions. There will be no direct questions but rather an application of a previously studied concept is likely to form the base of a question. Student should understand the concepts very clearly and thoroughly to avoid any silly mistakes. Some questions are very tricky which need deep understanding of subject knowledge.
Before starting preparation for science Olympiad, student should have a clear idea of syllabus and exam pattern. Also, study material and all books should be ready well in advance at the start of preparation to avoid time in searching for study material at the last moment. Identify the right kind of books which must cover all the content and topics relevant to NSO syllabus.
While preparing for any competitive exam, student should join at least one online test series to evaluate his performance and to eliminate areas of mistakes. Online Test Series should have below features:
· Online test series should provide many questions through mock test paper and previous year’s papers. This will improve conceptual skills, analytical skills along with accuracy and speed. It also boosts confidence in order to take up the actual exam.
· The level and type of questions and time allowed by online test series should be similar to actual paper.
· The first level of NSO consists of reasoning and science questions. The second level is pure science. The second level exam is very challenging and requires advanced level preparations. Student should understand the concept and pattern where visualization can help you in understanding concepts easily.
· For second level, student cannot leave any topic. Go through entire syllabus and identify resources to study the different topics of NSO. Result of first level Olympiad exams is announced by January and second level exams are conducted in second week of February. Thus only few days are between first level result declaration and second level exam which are not sufficient to start preparation for second level after result declaration of first level. Therefore if you have done well in level 1 and hope to clear it then you should continue preparation of second level also.
Read Aslo: How to prepare to Gate Exam
· Some online test series provides questions for practice before mock test and also provides all the questions for revision. It is preferable to join this kind of online test series.
Source: Click here