OBJECTIVE OF KINGSBURG: The objective of Kingsburg is to build the most powerful province, thanks to the King’s counsellors help and to your might.
NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 2 to 5
- 1 game board
- 5 Province boards
- 15 player pawns (3 of each colour)
- 120 Building tokens (24 of each colour)
- 15 player dice (3 of each colour)
- 6 Bonus dice (white)
- 25 Enemy cards (5 for each year)
- 20 “+2” tokens
- 1 King’s Envoy pawn
- 1 Year marker
- 1 Season marker
- 50 Goods cubes (25 gold, 20 wood, 15 stone)
TYPE OF GAME: Dice management construction game
AUDIENCE: Adult, Teen
OVERVIEW OF KINGSBURG
In Kingsburg, you have 5 years to become the best Governor of the fantasy kingdom of Kingsburg by scoring the maximum number of victory points. In order to do this, you will have to manage your resources, build buildings but you will also have to prepare yourself for battle against the hordes of creatures that threaten the kingdom. But you are not alone. Each season you have 3 dice to roll that determine which counsellors you can influence to gain resources, military forces and dice modifiers. At the end of each year, you must fight enemies who are trying to invade the kingdom.
Each player :
- takes a board of buildings, which represents his province
- takes the building tokens and the three dice in his colour
- places his Military Force pawn on the 0 square of the military track
- places his Score pawn on the 0 square of the Score track
- places his Turn Order pawn on the 0 square of the Turn Order track
Next, place on the game board:
- the Year token on square I of the Year track
- the Season counter on square 1 of the Seasons track
- the King’s Envoy pawn on the corresponding slot in square 5 of the Seasons track
- the Goods cubes on the corresponding areas of the board
- the +2 tokens on the corresponding area of the board
- take a random Enemy card, without looking at it, from each year’s Enemy cards (1 card I, 1 card II, 1 card III, 1 card IV and 1 card V) and place them in ascending order on the Battle area of square 8 of the Seasons track
The game takes place over 5 years for a total of 20 game rounds broken down as follows: sòng bạc
- 3 production seasons (spring, summer, autumn)
- 1 battle season (winter)
You will have to make the most of the counsellors and your buildings during the 3 production seasons to prepare for the battle that will take place in winter.
Here are the details of the actions in each of the 8 steps that make up a year:
- King’s help: the player with the fewest buildings receives a white die that he can roll with his dice during the spring season (and only during the spring season).
- Spring: production season
- King’s Reward: The player with the most buildings receives one victory point.
- Summer: production season
- King’s Envoy: The player with the fewest buildings receives help from the King’s Envoy. The King’s Envoy can be used either to influence an already influenced counsellor or to build two buildings during a production season (instead of one). When used, the King’s Envoy returns to the King’s Envoy square.
- Autumn: production season
- Recruitment: each player can recruit soldiers by paying two goods of their choice per point of military strength.
- Battle: reveal the Enemies of the Current Year map and resolve the battle.
Each production season follows the same course: