Java Weekly Newsletter - week 26 - June 24, 2019Oleksandr Stefanovskyi
Java and Spring
- https://www.infoq.com/news/2018/12/java-2019-predictions - Java in 2019 – Some Predictions.
- https://dev.to/stefanovskyi/how-to-apply-the-scientific-method-in-software-development-1192 - How to apply The Scientific Method in Software Development.
- http://michaelcgood.com/expression-based-access-control/ - An overview to EBAC for fine-grained access control, with a few examples using Spring Security. Cool beans.
- https://vladmihalcea.com/map-postgresql-enum-array-jpa-entity-property-hibernate/ - How to map a PostgreSQL Enum ARRAY to a JPA entity property using Hibernate.
- https://www.infoq.com/news/2018/12/micronaut-for-spring-graalvm - Micronaut for Spring Allows Spring Boot Apps to Run as Micronaut Apps.
- https://www.javaspecialists.eu/archive/Issue265.html - Threading Questions in Job Interviews (1/2)
- https://www.infoq.com/articles/aws-vpc-cloudformation/ - Building a VPC with CloudFormation - Part 1
- https://www.infoq.com/articles/aws-vpc-cloudformation-part2/ - Building a VPC with CloudFormation - Part 2
- https://blog.overops.com/drive-innovation-in-software-development-how-to-choose-between-incremental-and-fundamental-change/ - Drive Innovation in Software Development: How to Choose Between Incremental and Fundamental Change
- https://advancedweb.hu/2019/01/01/cf_s3_object/ - How to manage S3 Objects in CloudFormation templates
- https://www.infoq.com/news/2018/12/safer-shipping-ownership/ - Shipping More Safely by Encouraging Ownership of Deployments
- https://www.theguardian.com/info/2018/nov/30/bye-bye-mongo-hello-postgres - Bye bye Mongo, Hello Postgres
- https://www.javadevjournal.com/java/java-garbage-collector/ - Introduction to Java Garbage Collector
- https://www.javadevjournal.com/java/java-nio-selector/ - Java NIO Selector
- https://www.javadevjournal.com/java/collection-factory-methods-in-java9/ - Collection Factory Methods in Java 9
- https://blog.overops.com/the-final-pieces-of-java-9-and-project-jigsaw-are-coming-together/ - The Final Pieces of Java 9 and Project Jigsaw Are Coming Together
- https://blog.joda.org/2017/02/java-time-jsr-310-enhancements-java-9.html - Java Time (JSR-310) enhancements in Java SE 9
- https://blog.jooq.org/2017/06/01/how-to-find-redundant-indexes-in-sql/ - How to Find Redundant Indexes in SQL
- https://dev.to/sierisimo/unit-testing-with-junit-3mcd - is a practical blog post that helps you to write your first unit tests with Kotlin and JUnit 5.
- https://dzone.com/articles/using-powermock-mock-static - is a good blog post that describes how you can mock static methods with PowerMock when you are using JUnit 4. Also, even though some people think that mocking static methods is a bad practice, this technique can be really useful when you are writing tests for legacy code.
- http://thethinkingtester.blogspot.com/2019/06/database-testing.html - is a good blog post that identifies six things that which help you to ensure that the correct data is saved to your database.
- https://blog.gurock.com/dev-tester-pairing/ - is a thought-provoking blog post which identifies the benefits of pairing developers with testers. Also, this blog post gives you some basic tips that help you to get started with this practice.
- https://blog.testproject.io/2019/06/19/recommended-free-tools-for-testing/ - is a useful blog post which shares 15 tools that will make your life easier when you are testing your application.
- https://github.com/mattm/sql-style-guide - An Opinionated Guide for Writing Clean, Maintainable SQL
- https://www.revenuecat.com/2019/06/19/aurora-migration-zero-downtime - How we migrated our database to Amazon Aurora with zero downtime
- https://bytefish.de/blog/postgresql_interpolation/ - Linear Interpolation with PostgreSQL