Ayurvedic Treatment - The Safest Way to Prevent Hair LossDinesh mukharjee
Hair is, invariably, one of the most defining elements of our body. Healthy hair is the sign of a healthy body and adds a lot to a person's personality. Almost every one experiences hair loss some or the other time in their lives. Referred to as Alopecia in medical parlance, hair loss is usually the sign of some underlying disease and can be quite distressing. The use of Ayurvedic treatment has proven to be quite successful in preventing hair loss and giving you hair that is beautiful and healthy.
In Ayurveda, hair is considered to be a tissue which uses the same nutrients as the bones and is formed as a bi-product of the bone tissue. Hair types have been classified in accordance with the three basic body types - Vata, Pitta, and Kapha.
• Vata Body Type - Generally dark, coarse, wiry, inky, and frizzy hair
• Pitta Body Type - Generally brown, blonde, light, fine, and silky
• Kapha Body Type - Generally dark or light, thick, heavy, wavy, and slightly oily
What causes hair loss?
The metabolic processing of the food we consume produces nutrient plasma, which nourishes the hair. According to Ayurveda, excess of Pitta dosha (heat) in the body is the chief cause of hair problems. Some of the common reasons for hair loss are:
• Hormonal imbalances - A high concentration of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in men's hair follicles, or in women, both during pregnancy and after delivery, can cause hair fall.
• At times, high amounts of sebum in the scalp clog the pores of the scalp and prevent nutrients from reaching the hair follicle, resulting in hair loss.
• Inadequate nutrition or unhealthy diet
• Stress, worry, lack of sleep, and anxiety
• Long-standing diseases like typhoid, viral infections, anemia, surgery, etc., cause general debility which leads to hair fall.
• Some medicines, like birth-control pills, anti-depressants, etc., including those used for gout, during chemotherapy against cancer, etc., cause hair fall.
• Tying your hair when you comb tightly pulls the hair from the follicles and cause traction alopecia.
• Dandruff or fungal infection of scalp
• Accumulation of dirt on scalp causes blocking of pores and weakens hair roots. This leads to hair fall.
How can hair loss be prevented?
Hair loss can usually be prevented by using basic Ayurvedic home remedies and treatments. Only aggravated cases call for the expertise of a doctor. Follow these simple steps and you will see the difference they make to the health of your hair.
• Ayurvedic treatments always target the root cause of any problem and try to cure it completely. To prevent hair loss, it is essential that you identify the root cause in your diet or lifestyle that is causing the pitta dosha. Once you know what's causing the problem, try to give up or at least reduce the diet, habit, or activity responsible for increasing pitta.
• To clean the hair, it is advisable to use a natural shampoo or soap that is not laden with too many chemicals.
• Oiling and massaging of the scalp is highly beneficial in preventing hair loss. You should use coconut oil or mustard oil at least three times in a week. Certain medicated oils such as Mahabhringraj oil, Amla oil, and Arnica oil are also very useful.
• After you have washed your hair, rub your scalp vigorously. This helps in increasing blood circulation and activates the sebaceous glands.
• You can induce growth of hair by applying a paste of licorice (made by grinding it in milk) in the bald patches. Paste made of the seeds of lemon and black pepper may also be applied on the bald patches.
• Make sure you consume raw vegetables, fresh fruits, salads, and green leafy vegetables on a regular basis.
• The use of relaxing techniques such as yoga, pranayama, etc., can be quite effective in overcoming stress, anxiety, and sleeplessness - the most common causes of hair loss in today's competitive world.
• Try and avoid making hairstyles that pull the hair and consequently damage it.
People across the world are increasingly establishing their trust on alternative treatments such as Ayurveda to cure basic, everyday problems like hair loss. The home remedies prescribed by Ayurveda are easily doable, affordable and without any side effects. Jiva Ayurveda is one of the premier organizations providing Ayurvedic treatment for prevention of hair loss and other diseases and conditions.